Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do You DM????

Daily Mile. 

One of the greatest things I found since running.  It's a site full of runners (and bikers, walkers, swimmers, etc) cheering on other runners.  I heart it!

When I first starting running, I ran in Chicago with a group called CARA.  Me and hundreds of my closest friends out there running every morning.  I found so much inspiration and motivation through other members.

Now I'm a mom....in the burbs....with 2 kids.....and a crazy schedule.  So running with a group is out the window.  My hubby golfs.  My kids have dance, gymnastics, birthday parties, etc.  And we still try to have a social life.  So running is "whenever I can get it in."  Most times it's Sunday morning, but it may be Sunday evening, Saturday morning, or an awesome Friday night followed by wine and a firepit!  :)

So I have found dailymile.com.  I log my runs.  But I also find so much inspiration and motivation.  People actually take time to tell me "great run".  And I learn about so many fun races, racing gear, etc.

On Sunday my dad and I will be at the Grand Rapids starting line...and I have a whole bunch of DM friends who will be out there with me.  It would be cool to meet them!!!  If you run, you should DM!  You WILL be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment