Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Crew

I'm so excited to start a new blog all about my running adventures!  I was an avid runner who completed 5 marathons, including Boston twice, before deciding to hang up my running shoes for a few years to start my family!  I am married to the love of my life, who also happens to be a darn good runner!  We trained for 1 marathon together....enough said.  I am a mom to two beautiful girls, ages 3 and 1.  Now that our family is established, it's time to take some time for myself to follow my passion, running!

How did I start running?  I have an amazing dad!  My dad started running when I was a kid.  I have 2 sisters.  My dad realized running got him the quiet time that was impossible to find in a house of 4 women!  He has run 30 marathons...and he's amazing!  I have been lucky enough to train with my dad for both Chicago and Boston marathon.  We have decided to run the Grand Rapids Marathon together....and that's where this story begins!

I blog about my family, but I wanted to start this blog to find a support team out there!  Finding time to train in between preschool carpool, gymnastic class, ballet class, swim lessons, diaper changes, meals, laundry, and spending time with my husband will be hard...but I know having a support system will help.  I also know if I blog about it, I'll be held accountable and it may make that 5am Saturday morning run just a little bit easier!

If you are running your first 5K or your 50th marathon, please follow me!  I want to be inspired!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment